Onesie Cupcake Tutorial
This easy to follow Onesie Cupcake Tutorial will have you creating these little gems in no time flat. Don't forget to tuck your creations into a cute little cupcake box for a polished presentation.
- Receiving Blanket (folded into a 3” width)
- Baby Onesie
- Large Rubber band
- White Coffee Filter
- ¼" ribbon (enough to wrap around your finished cupcake)
Make a fist with one hand.
Place the baby onesie over your fist.
Step 3: With your finger poke the onesie into the fist of your hand.Step 4:
Grab the portion of the onesie that has gathered inside your hand.
Create a poof at the other end of the onesie from the top of your fist.
Grab the opposite end of the poof and curl it back toward the top to create a nice rounded bottom end.
Place your prepared onesie at one end of the folded receiving blanket and start to roll.
Roll continually pulling the blanket material downward. The idea is to roll the blanket into levels with a peak at the center with each roll of the blanket creating graduated levels.
Once the blanket is rolled around the onesie, secure the end with the rubber band.
Place the secured onesie in the center of the coffee filter.
Gather the edges of the filter around the blanket and fasten in place with the ribbon tied into a bow.
Ideas to Embellish your Onesie Cupcakes:
- Place a pretty silk bloom at the top
- Tuck a small rattle or baby toy into the center
- Top your cupcake with a cute hair bow
- Add a bright red pom pom "cherry" to the top of your cupcake
- Tint the coffee filter cupcake liner to match or coordinate with your cupcake colors. (You can easily do this with store bought food colors and some warm water.)
Return to the Baby Sock Cupcakes page
from this Onesie Cupcake Tutorial page
Return to Baby Shower Cupcakes page